Friday, July 9, 2010

Todi

Yesterday I went to Todi with my friend Luca. Todi is a lovely small medieval town in Umbria, a place in Italy that we both have a passion for. I uploaded a lot of pictures on the slide show of this trip. You can see for yourself how wonderful these little jewels of Italy can be, especially on a week day when not too many tourists are around to be found.

The day was really lovely as a whole, being able to catch up on life, reflecting on how two countries we live in , Italy and Canada can act in different ways and let people develop and grow at different rates.  I spoke full Italian for the whole day and it was nice to see I have not lost my touch, even though it is now 16 years I am living in Canada.

What else can I share? It was nice to take a day for myself to do something I truly enjoy - visiting new places, taking some photos and thinking about life. Tonight the kids finish camp and will have a nice evening celebration.  It will be another milestone in their summer life...I will be sure to keep you updated on the celebration, with pictures and videos I will soon post.

Oh: by the way...my brother bought a new dog. His name is Ulisse and I thought it would be neat to add one or two pics about the new puppy on the blog. They come to visit us tomorrow - so the apartment will be filled with new excitement. One more memory to add to the trip!