Saturday, July 10, 2010

...and Here Comes Ulisse!

OK. There is much to update everyone about, including my goofy fall by a fontanella (a Roman water fountain) that was more stubborn than me in wanting to make me slip off over the ancient Roman street stones. I am ok, so not to worry. The hand that kept my fall is sore but I can still type.

Last night the kids had the Teatrino, which is the final evening recital where they say goodbye to everyone, showcase their work and learning and wish each other the best over the summer.  We even found back Marco's lost slippers, so he is ready to do more beach time soon. As you will see from the added photos to the slide show, the kids have made new friends and strengthened the old ties with some good camp leaders from years back. We will go back to Borgo a few more times to still see some of the kids. Michele added so many Italian new friends to his Facebook account...one more reason to keep up with the language. It really seems that every time we are here so much life happens, and I try to capture as much of it as possible, within a few lines of this Blog so we will have memories to share for life. Gotta love this technology no?

Talking about new friends, Ulisse is the new addition to the family - a cute two-months old puppy that has spent the morning with us at nonna's house. He is a bundle of cuteness and energy, that goes around like crazy and then crushes on the floor in search of cool refuge and takes a nap whenever his body says so.  The kids went crazy for him.  Irresistible!

Daddy sent me a lovely bunch of flowers for our 16th anniversary. Michele for a moment questioned how fresh those flowers could be coming from Canada! Love the naiveté of kids and their genuine logic!

As far as the other updates, we had our first official pizza night with the kids. I added some pics for those of you who are new to this Italian experience: the pizza size is gianormous and it requires eating with bare hands...as you can see my kids are quite used to the tradition (check the video clip with Michele beginning the special treatment of the BEAST below - it will make you want to have the same pizza...con Fiori di Zucca).

The heat continues and we all brave it with courage and patience. I had one lovely walk this afternoon so I am not complaining - this is one thing I do miss about Rome.

Talk to you all soon. Check our photos!


This pizza place is called: Pizzeria San Calisto, in Trastevere, Rome. I highly recommend it! :)

No comments: