Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Borgo Days

As the last week of summer camp comes to an end, the kids seem fully integrated into their routines, even though the morning wake remains a bit difficult. When it gets this hot, it seems that the only hours worth a good sleep are the wee hours of the morning, and a wake at 7:00 seems a waste.
We won’t do much more of that after Friday. And I know that once that routine is out of the way we will begin hunting down ways in which to occupy our time, at least until daddy comes here. Everyone in Edmonton wishes us the best in this heat – it seems that the weather back home is not collaborating on the summer side of things that much. Some have too much some have none, right?
On my part, I keep up with the working load – or at least I try. I do a lot of driving back and forth, so music seeking has become an important task whenever I spend a few minutes shopping (also for the excuse of seeking air conditioning refuge whenever possible).
When I get back to Borgo, I wait for the kids to be totally tired of the day and the company of their new friends. As you will see both Michele and Marco play ping-pong with joy and with other kids, which makes mom very happy. Communicating is not a problem at all: and yet they refuse to respond to me in Italian whenever possible. I have to force them all the times.
We are keeping everything in peace with nonna Anna, especially since her newfound hobby of DS mind games, which both Michele and Marco seem very happy to assist her with – and when they cannot, cheat on the net to find a solution.
Tomorrow I hope to take a short break and dive in for some new photo shoots of beautiful little towns around Rome – a day trip that a friend of mine and I usually take once every two years, to explore different places I have yet to see. We have also planned a couple of extra special days for when daddy comes here, including a concert with Gianni Morandi and a special dinner at the villa where we got married – can’t believe it is 16 years already! Time flies when you are having fun, right?

Enjoy this short clip below, where Michele and Marco try to play ping-pong with new friends. It is clearly a hot lazy day at Borgo. In the pictures, we see Don Carlo, the director of the oratory where the kids are attending summer camp.



No comments: